The Crunchyroll Anime Awards results are in. Jujutsu Kaisen ultimately took Anime of the Year–likely to little surprise. It was a beloved show for most anime watchers in 2020.
Jujutsu Kaisen also won Best Antagonist (Ryomen Sukuna) and Best Ending Sequence (Lost In Paradise, ALI featuring AKLO). Beyond that, it was a pretty diverse assortment of winners across the board–other than Jujutsu Kaisen, no show won more than two awards. The anime that won two awards are Keep Your Hands Off Eizoken, Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Re:Zero – Starting Life In Another World, and My Hero Academia.
The full list of winners is detailed below.
Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2021 Winners
- Anime of the Year – Jujutsu Kaisen
- Best Animation – Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
- Best Fantasy – Re:Zero – Starting Life In Another World Season 2
- Best Drama – Fruits Basket Season 2
- Best Comedy – Kaguya-sama: Love Is War? Season 2
- Best Girl – Kaguya Shinomiya, Kaguya-sama: Love Is War? Season 2
- Best Boy – Shoyo Hinata, Haikyu: To The Top
- Best Protagonist – Catarina Claes, My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead To Doom
- Best Antagonist – Ryomen Sukuna, Jujutsu Kaisen
- Best Fight Scene – Deku Vs. Overhaul, My Hero Academia Season 4
- Best Score – Kevin Penkin, Tower Of God
- Best Director – Masaaki Yuasa, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
- Best Character Design – Mayuka Ito, Original Designs By Aidairo, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
- Best Couple – Nasa Yuzaki & Tsukasa Yuzaki, Tonikawa: Over The Moon For You
- Best VA Performance (JP) – Yusuke Kobayashi As Natsuki Subaru, Re:Zero – Starting Life In Another World
- Best VA Performance (EN) – Zeno Robinson As Hawks, My Hero Academia Season 4
- Best Opening Sequence (OP) – Wild Side (ALI), Beastars
- Best Ending Sequence (ED) – Lost in Paradise (ALI feat. AKLO), Jujutsu Kaisen
Also during the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll unveiled five new shows that are coming to its streaming service later this year. It’s looking to be an eventful year for Crunchyroll, which is also trying to bring more anime games to western markets.